Runners living in Sibiu can get their participation kits, including those for the kids’ races, on May 30 and 31st (between 10.00 – 19.00) from the marathon’s info point in the Large Square.
Runners from outside the city who can not get their kits on Thursday or Friday, can pick up their participation kits on the day of the event (Saturday, June 1st) in the Large Square (Piața Mare), as follows:
- between: 7:30 and 8:15 for the Marathon race
- between: 7:45 and 8:15 for the Half marathon race, TeamRun, 4×5,3km, Visma Cross (5km), 10km and Squad Race.
Based on the previous years experience we know that the pick up point will be most crowded around lunch time and after 16:30. Our volunteers do their best to deliver the kits as fast as possible, but if you want to avoid waiting in long lines we recommend you come outside the hours we specified above and have your declaration/parents/tutor agreement already filled in and signed.
The participation kits contain:
- custom contest number (runner number + the supported cause)
- timing chip
Also the runners could choose to buy the official T-shirt (polyester / technical jersey or cotton), the official buff and a food voucher, at the moment of the registration.
*You can buy the T-shirts, food vouchers and the official buff on the day of the event (limited quantities).
*The food vouchers can be used on the day of the event in the delimited areas in the Large Square. Those areas will be properly signaled. We’ll come back with more details.
It is very important to wear the competition number which you will receive in the participation kit. The timing chip is attached to the back of the number. For the runners in the Marquardt TeamRun, the chip is attached only on the back of the number of the fourth runner in the relay. Please do not detach the chip from the number because you place in the ranking is determined by the time registered on it. The number must be worn on the front side of the T-shirt, pants or shorts.
Transferring the competition number to a different person is not allowed. Doing so will lead to disqualification.
The start will take place in the Large Square (Piața Mare) in Sibiu and due to the large number of participants the races will start at different times:
- Continental Marathon runners (42 km race) runners will start at 08:30
- Halfmarathon runners (21 km race) and the 4 x 5,3 km Marquardt TeamRun runners will start at 08:45
- Zacaria 10K runners will start at 09:00
- The runners registered for the Visma Cross(5 km race) will start at 09:15
- SquadRace runners will start at 09:25
- Kids’ races will take place in the afternoon, between 5:00 and 6:00 PM:
4-5 years old (400 m)
6-7 years old (800 m)
8-9 years old (1200 m)
10-12 years old (1600 m)
Routes and race details
All races start in the Large Square (Piața Mare). All details about the races can be found at these links:
- Visma Cross – 5 km
- Zacaria 10k – 10 km
- Joyson Safety Systems Halfmaraton – 21 km
- Marquardt TeamRun 4×5,3 km
- Continental Marathon – 42,195 km
- Squad Race (13-17 ani) – 2,7 km
- Decathlon Kids Races
The routes are properly signaled. We urge you to pay attention to the marking signs on your race’s route and to the volunteers indications.
Hydration/revitalization points will be organized at: Km 3, Km 5, Km 10,5, km 16, km 21, km 25, km 27,5, km 31,5, km 34, km 36, km 38, km 41,5.
You will find water and fruit and from km 27.5 you can also find cola at the revitalization points.
We urge you to drink water and eat fruit whenever you feel the need to.
Along the route there will be toilets as follows: Piața Mare (Large Square), 3.15km, 4.35km, 4.45km, 5.85km, 7km, 9.83km, 7.5km, 11.07km, 12.25km, 14.26km, 15.56km, (Separation Half marathon from Marathon, 16.05km), (Marathon) 17.18km, 21.25km, 27.6km, 31.65km, 38km, (Half marathon:) 16.79km, 17.4km, 17.93km.
In the start area there will be a changing spot and a dedicated area for personal belongings. Each one of these will be properly signaled.
The changing spot can be used for changing in/out of running clothes before and after the race.
Personal belongings can be left in the dedicated area by presenting the competition number. We recommend you place your personal belongings in a backpack/sack. It will be tagged with your race number. The area is under the organizers’ surveillance. We recommend you don’t leave valuable items as the organizer does not take responsibility for the theft, destruction or loss of these items.
The personal belongings area will be open between 7:30 and 16:00.
Other useful information
We urge you to wear suitable clothes according to the weather. If it is sunny and warm we recommend using solar protection ad to wear a cap/buff to protect yourself from the sun because the routes have areas exposed to the sun. We recommend you take with you a raincoat.
Our over 570 volunteers together with the ambulance and police crews will be present along the marathon route insuring that the event takes place without incidents.
In the event of any issue or problem you come across during the race please contact the volunteers closest to your location.
Information about the competition
- Sibiu International Marathon is an open competition (male and female). For the same TeamRun could register both male and female.
- The time limits are: 1 hour for the Visma Cross, 2 hours for the Zacaria 10k, 3 hours for the Half Marathon, 6 hours for the Continental Marathon and 35 min for the Squad Race.
- All runners who finish the race will receive a finisher medal and, on request, a certificate of attendance;
Conditions for participation
- The runner must be 18 years old in order to run the Continental Marathon. The runner should provide an affidavit stating that from a medical point of view they are physically able to exercise; The document can be downloaded here. It needs to be filled and brought when coming to pick up the participation kits. The affidavit can also be filled in on site, on the day of the event;
- Runners could be at least 16 years old for registering the half marathon, Zacaria 10k and Visma Cross (5km).
- All participants under 18 must have the written consent of the parent / guardian;
- The runner must provide a form of ID before receiving the kit;
- Registration for this year’s edition ends on Monday, May 13th. Only those who have paid the participation fee before 11:59 PM on May 13th are considered registered.
2019 Sibiu International Marathon Calendar
- February 20: Registration for runners and sponsors is open
- May 13th: Registration closes
- May 30th-31st: Handing of the participation kits. Location: Large Square (Piața Mare), Sibiu (between: 10:00 – 19:00). The runners who are not from Sibiu could receive their kit on the day of the event, before the competition: 07:30 – 08:15 for the marathon runners and between 07:45-08:15 for Half Marathon, Visma Cross (5km) and 10k.
- June 1: Event day
- July 1st: Donation payments deadline